Advice For Driving In Bad Weather
With heavy rain and strong winds forecasted tomorrow (Friday, August 9) and into Saturday (August 10), Northamptonshire Safer Roads Alliance (NSRA) has issued the following advice for driving in bad weather.
• Stopping distances will be at least double in wet weather as your tyres will have less grip on the road, so leave more space between you and the vehicle in front.
• Reduce speed and be prepared to move further back if your visibility gets worse.
• Make sure your windscreen wipers are in good working order and your tyres have sufficient tread and are correctly inflated.
• Beware of road surfaces that may be more slippery, especially if the rain follows a long dry spell.
• Watch out for puddles and areas of standing water.
NSRA is a countywide partnership between Northamptonshire Police, The Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner, Northamptonshire Fire & Rescue Service, and Northamptonshire Highways, which represents the County Council. It was set up in November last year with the aim to reduce the number of people killed or seriously injured and make the county's roads safer.
Message Sent By
Sarah Thomson (Police, Communications Officer, Countywide)
Posted: Thu, 08 Aug 2019 14:43 by Parish Administrator